A Letter to my Younger Self
It is often said that aviation goes in waves of ups and downs, but the coronavirus pandemic led to the biggest downturn in history, and it’s no secret that the aviation industry was hugely impacted. Pilots around the world faced uncertainty and many thousands were furloughed, lost their jobs or took early retirement. One year on things are looking up and we know that the industry will recover.
Airside, created by pilots for pilots, spoke to pilot associations around the world to find out what topics are important to their members and what would support them. From these conversations, a series of engaging and interactive events was created with the first being “A letter to my younger self” centred around career.
Host, Jo Hjalmas renowned trainer and former medevac pilot will be joined by a panel of experts from several pilot associations:
- Captain Sharon Nicholson, Chair, BWPA
- Captain Wally Epton, Chair, BBGA Flight Operations Committee
- Toby Keeley, former Red Arrow turned aerobatic flying instructor and A320 Captain
During this event you will:
- Engage, network and learn from fellow pilots during a panel discussion
- Have the chance to win a prize in our pilot training quiz